Universities and Colleges
The National Center for Education Statistics projects college enrollment to grow by 14% through 2022. The competition for new students will be fierce. There is no demographic more tech savvy than college students, and a University’s technology platform will be critical to their efforts to attract new students. How does a University or College stay ahead of the curve? They align themselves with a technology partner that is looking forward, not backward.
- Passive Optical Networks (or “PON”) can be alternatives to traditional cabling solutions. Dormitories are an excellent opportunity to deploy a PON as the University can deliver voice, data and video to the users via a single fiber optic cable.
- Distributed Antenna Systems (or “DAS”) and campus-wide Wi-FI networks facilitate cellular coverage throughout the campus, which is critical to attracting new students.
- Mass Notification Systems are universally required by local building codes, and are critical elements of campus security and student safety.
- Nothing is more important than the health and safety of the student population. Video surveillance systems for dormitories, parking lots, administration buildings, alumni halls, and more are essential tools to ensuring student safety.
- Audio-visual systems are integral to the learning experience. Administrators and Professors also rely heavily on the audio-visual system for communications between the main campus and satellite facilities.
Universities and Colleges rely on ComNet because we are constantly learning and adapting. Having the ability to install today’s technology isn’t enough. Higher education institutions need a partner that will be with them on the path to tomorrow’s technology, and they rely on ComNet.