Operating a restaurant or fast food chain can be a dauntingly complicated task when seen from the perspective of a CIO. To meet consumer demand and market expectations, these dining establishments are forced to employ a wide range of Information Technologies. When the right deployment partner is engaged, technology can be deployed in a cost effective manner that is driven by the client’s business needs. Unfortunately, this isn’t always the case. All too often, technology rollouts are structured around the limitations of the deployment partner, resulting in escalating costs and disjointed efforts.
Does your deployment partner meet the following qualifications?
- A “true” national footprint is critical to any rollout. The partner should be incorporated and license to do business in all 50 states.
- The ability to scale manpower and project management resources to the scope of any project is essential.
- The deployment partner must be able to utilize different strategies to implement the project. Not all projects can be subcontracted. Not all projects require dedicated resources.
Can your deployment partner support the wide range of technologies being deployed?
- Stage and configure new POS equipment and other switching hardware
- Install POS equipment and other peripherals at site and reliably execute a data conversion script
- Perform site surveys (Wireless and Physical Environment)
- Execute site remediation scope, including the installation of new voice/data cabling and the creation of new IDFs
- Deploy order entry kiosks and flat panel displays
- Deploy WAPs and test wireless coverage
- Install network hardware, including clean-up of equipment rack
- Assist with de-installation tasks and packaging of existing hardware
- Work with customer to complete Go-Live conversion to new equipment platform
Upgrade of menu boards and digital signage
ComNet has the flexibility and experience to support any rollout effort. We work closely with our clients to generate the maximum ROI on their investment.