Working in a manufacturing facility involves significant risk and requires a technology partner that is experienced at adapting to these environments. Production activities can’t be impacted, and every activity must be viewed through the prism of job site safety. It takes years of real world experience for a technology partner to gain the skills necessary to navigate the risks of a manufacturing environment. Plant environments are seldom straightforward and work areas are rarely “standard”. The technology infrastructure often reflects decades of changes due to demolition and process re-configuration. When working in a manufacturing environment, creativity and flexibility are at a premium.
- Job site safety is critical. A solid Job Site Safety Program and EMR are absolute necessities for working in a manufacturing environment.
- Plant environments require experience with both inside-plant and outside-plant technology infrastructure.
- Distributed Antenna Systems (or “DAS”) and plant-wide Wi-FI networks are often installed to facilitate critical communication.
- Mass Notification Systems are universally required by local building codes, and are critical elements of plant safety.
- In-house AutoCad capabilities are needed to keep plans and drawings current.
Audio-visual systems are integral to the learning experience. Administrators and Professors also rely heavily on the audio-visual system for communications between the main campus and satellite facilities.
- Video surveillance systems are utilized for security and regulatory purposes.
- In addition to supporting management’s needs, audio-visual systems are integral to the dissemination of information to plant personnel.
ComNet has 30+ years of experience supporting manufacturing clients. Our experience isn’t limited to a single industry. ComNet has supported pharmaceutical manufacturers, steel mills and heavy machinery assembly plants. These are collaborative efforts, often involving detailed discussions about design and installation. ComNet’s manufacturing clients have learned to engage us as a trusted advisor during the planning stage. Doing so saves our clients both time and money on the project in hand, and lays the proper foundation for future efforts.