Hospitals and Healthcare
Few industries are being forced to adapt as rapidly as Health Care. The Affordable Care Act has set in motion forces that will ripple through the industry for a decade or more. The challenge is enormous. How does a Health Care Provider continue to provide quality care in the face of an uncertain revenue stream and a mountain of regulatory requirements? Technology provides a number of possible solutions. However, selecting the right contractor is critical to the long-term success of any technology investment.
- Passive Optical Networks (or “PON”) can be alternatives to traditional cabling solutions. A PON allows the Owner to re-purpose much of the closet space required for a traditional cabling solution. A PON also requires less network hardware, uses less energy and costs less to install.
- Sound masking systems minimize much of the ambient noise that negatively affects patient comfort and recovery rates. Sound masking also protects conversations which are guaranteed privacy under HIPAA.
- Distributed Antenna Systems (or “DAS”) facilitate cellular coverage throughout the facility, which is critical in today’s mobile world.
- The deployment of Real-Time Locating Systems (or “RTLS”) enables a Health Care Facility to track every piece of equipment, which minimizes redundant asset procurement.
- Data Centers are essential to the portability of health records, as required under the ACA.
- LED lighting can be utilized to reduce energy costs. Due to the extended life of LED systems, on-going maintenance costs are significantly lower.
- Mass Notification Systems are universally required by local building codes, and are essential in the event of emergencies.
ComNet has a long history supporting Hospitals and the Health Care industry. We recognize the challenges and work closely with our clients to identify both the costs and benefits associated with their technology investments. ComNet’s ability to deploy field resources anywhere within the U.S. enables us to install the systems in a manner that minimizes the disruption to on-going operations and maximizes the value of the investment. We will then support and maintain the systems post-install.