Protecting our shared environment is of fundamental importance to ComNet Communications, as it is to our employees, customers, and other stakeholders. To support this common goal, we will:
- Comply with applicable local, state, and federal environmental regulations.
- Continually improve the environmental performance of our services and processes.
- Protect the health and safety of our employees and surrounding communities and ecosystems.
- Use natural resources, including raw materials, energy, and water, as efficiently as possible.
We will work to achieve these commitments by:
- Promoting environmental awareness to all of our employees and more specific environmental training where appropriate.
- Evaluating products and processes from the point of view of chemical risk, dedicating ourselves to finding better alternatives based on preventing pollution in the first place.
- Working collaboratively with our customers, suppliers, and the surrounding community on environmental issues.
- Minimizing consumption through reduction, reuse or recycling of materials as much as possible.
- Encouraging efficient use of energy, utilities and natural resources, especially where these are non-renewable.
- Operating a travel policy that takes account of environmental issues as far as reasonably practical.
- Establishing goals for greenhouse gas and recycling.
- Publishing the results toward meeting greenhouse and recycling goals, as well as any environmental fines or penalties.
- Reduce Scope 1 and Scope 2 greenhouse gas emissions by 5%, indexed against revenue volume, by 2015 from 2011 baseline.
- Reduce energy consumption by 5%, indexed against revenue volume, by 2015 from 2011 baseline.
- Increase waste management by 2% per year.