Julio Torres has been promoted and will be taking a role as a Field Project Manager. In his new role he will report directly to Dominick Arrigo.
Moving forward Julio will take on the following job functions:
- Act as a liaison between the office Project Managers and local field staff.
- Visit project sites to inspect the quality of work, safety practices and productivity of onsite staff,
- Deliver materials and equipment if required, document and take photographs of work in progress and completed efforts.
- Pull permits, attend site surveys and project/construction meetings.
- Assist in driving the install process to ensure high quality, cost effective, on schedule project installations.
- Operate and instruct field staff on cable test and terminating equipment.
- Assist in ensuring that all field staff are motivated to perform effectively and professionally.
- Evaluate the performance of the field staff and conduct on the job training for performance improvement.
- Assist in ensuring effective use of all resources to minimize job cost.
I anticipate that this role will make any local efforts easier on the existing office staff, while also aiding the field managers. Julio has demonstrated the ability to manage projects on-time and under budget and ComNet looks forward to him extending that knowledge and drive as a liaison between the office and the field staff.
– Glenn Wagner, VP Northeast Division